The lifeline of communication for both individuals and businesses is the efficiency and reliability of email. The
Email Deliverability tool in cPanel is engineered to ensure that your emails reach their intended recipients, steering clear of common deliverability issues. This is vital for maintaining professional relationships, promoting clear communication, and ensuring that important notifications are received promptly. The feature empowers you with the ability to verify that your domain’s mail settings are correctly configured, reducing the chance of emails being marked as spam.
Quick Start Guide
Understanding Email Deliverability
Email Deliverability feature in cPanel is your ally in combating delivery issues. It provides a straightforward overview of your domain’s email status and offers corrective actions if any issues are detected.
Accessing Email Deliverability
- From your cPanel dashboard, navigate to the
- Click on
- Here, you will find a list of domains associated with your account, along with their deliverability status.
Analysing and Correcting Deliverability Issues
- Choose a domain to analyse by clicking on it.
Email Deliverabilityinterface will provide a detailed report, including a score on how well your domain is configured for email delivery.
- Follow the provided recommendations to correct any detected issues and optimise your deliverability.
Exploring the Status Section
Email Deliverability interface, the status section provides a snapshot of your domain’s email setup. Here, you’ll find crucial information such as your domain’s mail exchanger (MX) records and sender policy framework (SPF) records.
- MX Records: These are DNS records that specify the mail servers responsible for receiving emails on behalf of your domain. Ensure they are correctly configured to guarantee that incoming emails are properly directed.
- SPF Records: These records are used to prevent spammers from sending emails on behalf of your domain. They define which mail servers are authorised to send email for your domain.
Delving into the Problems and Solutions Section
Upon identifying any issues with your deliverability, this section offers precise solutions. Each problem is accompanied by a brief description and a recommended action.
- Example: Suppose your SPF record is incorrectly configured, which could potentially lead to your emails being marked as spam. The interface will provide a clear recommendation to correct the SPF record, along with a simple explanation of how to do it.
Assessing the Recommendations Section
This section furnishes a list of general recommendations to enhance your email deliverability further. Following these recommendations will ensure a robust and spam-resistant email setup.
- Example: It may recommend setting up DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), a protocol that allows your domain to take responsibility for your email, in a way that can be validated by email recipients.
Utilising the Actions Section
Here, you can take direct action to resolve any issues and optimise your email deliverability. The actions are easy to follow, ensuring a user-friendly experience even for non-technical users.
Email communication is the cornerstone of professional correspondence. Optimising your email deliverability using cPanel’s feature is a proactive step towards ensuring uninterrupted and trusted communication channels. If you need further assistance with Email Deliverability or any other cPanel feature, feel free to reach out to our support team. Smarthost is committed to supporting you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Email Deliverability?
Email Deliverability is a feature within cPanel that helps ensure your emails are correctly delivered to the recipient’s inboxes without being flagged as spam. It provides an analysis of your domain’s email settings and recommends improvements to enhance email deliverability.
How do I access the Deliverability feature in cPanel?
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the
- Click on
Why is Email Deliverability important?
Email Deliverability is crucial as it impacts the reliability and effectiveness of email communication. If emails from your domain are constantly flagged as spam or not delivered, it can harm your professional relationships and hinder business operations.
How can I improve my Deliverability score?
Improving your Email Deliverability score involves:
- Correcting any identified issues within the Email Deliverability tool.
- Following the recommendations provided by the tool, like setting up SPF and DKIM records.
- Regularly checking your email settings to ensure they remain optimized.
What are SPF and DKIM records?
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) records help prevent email spoofing by specifying which servers are allowed to send emails on behalf of your domain.
- DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) is a protocol that allows your domain to take responsibility for your email, enabling recipients to verify that an email claiming to come from your domain is legitimate.
What should I do if I still experience deliverability issues after following the recommendations?
If you continue to experience email deliverability issues after following the recommendations:
- Re-check the configurations to ensure they have been applied correctly.
- Reach out to our support team for further assistance.
- Consider consulting with email deliverability specialists to resolve persistent issues.
How often should I check my Email Deliverability status?
It’s advisable to check your Email Deliverability status:
- Whenever you make changes to your email settings.
- At regular intervals, such as monthly, to ensure continued optimal email deliverability.